Today, we are looking for a Senior Life Reinsurance Underwriter. The Sr. Underwriter is primarily responsible for the evaluation of medical, non-medical, and financial risk of life and providing sound and competitive risk decisions to our clients. The main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Analyze medical, non-medical and financial information to determine risk level based on company Underwriting Manual and guidelines while meeting departmental time service standards.
- Work closely with AVP and Medical Directors for ongoing training and exposure to advanced cases.
- Continuation of personal development through industry coursework (LOMA & ALU) and personal awareness of industry trends and advances.
- Participate on special projects and other duties as requested by Management.
- Develop and manage client relationships to ensure client's needs are met.
- Serve as client liaison; to include communicating underwriting decisions, advise, concerns, etc.
- Represent the company at industry meetings; lead or be a team member in special projects, committees, meetings and client presentations as required.
Education and Work Experience
- College education in an appropriate discipline
- 5 to 10 years of experience in life underwriting
- Experience underwriting critical illness and disability income a plus
- FLMI, AALU or FALU designation or clear commitment to achieve it within a short period of time
Qualities and Aptitudes
- Customer oriented
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and diplomacy
- Analytical mind and sound judgment
- Ability to make sound business decisions
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to convey business terminology that is meaningful and well received.
- Advanced ability to translate business needs and problems to viable solutions.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions.
- Bilingual (French and English)
Adaptive measures for candidates with disabilities are available upon request during the recruitment, assessment and selection process.
Optimum Reassurance Inc.
Timely service and client-centric solutions are at the heart of everything we do. We build important long-term partnerships with our valued clients to develop a mutually beneficial future with them.
We are a full-service life and health reinsurer for individual and group insurance, as well as a pioneer and leader in travel reinsurance. We offer technical expertise, tailored solutions and reinsurance capacity.
Since 1973, we serve our clients across Canada from our offices in Montréal, Québec and Toronto, Ontario. Our financial strength rating is “A” (Excellent) with a stable outlook and we are the only reinsurer in Canada controlled by Canadian interests.
425 De Maisonneuve W. blvd, Suite 1200
Montréal (Québec) H3A 3G5
Tel.:+1 514 288-1900