- Prepare reinsurance quotes and recommend adequate pricing assumptions ensuring they meet the pricing objectives.
- Gain knowledge of many clients’ insurance products, prepare models using GGY Axis and analyze results of product cash flows and associated risks.
- Ensure adequate internal model controls, and suitable documentation of results and processes.
- Present your pricing results and assumptions to Vice President and President in a manner that helps drive business decisions.
- Study our past experience, research available, public studies and perform rigorous analysis to develop and recommend new pricing assumptions.
- Provide actuarial support to internal and external clients.
- Assist with training of junior employees and with helping to foster a collaborative work environment focused on professional growth.
- Demonstrating high levels of integrity and adhering to Actuarial Standards of Practice.
Benefits of Joining Optimum
- Gain rapid knowledge of various insurance products
- Have access to very knowledgeable actuaries, including regular meetings with VP and President
- Be in an environment where career development is a priority
- Ability to work in a hybrid environment (work/home)
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive benefit package
Education and Work Experience
- BA/BS Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics and/or related major.
- Successful completion of three or more SOA exams and pursuing the ASA designation
- 2-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in life insurance pricing or life reinsurance.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of GGY Axis an advantage.
Qualities and Aptitudes
- Hard working and proactive
- Ability to work independently and set daily priorities.
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Accountable and results-oriented
- High Standard of accuracy and attention to details
- Excellent technical and communication skills
- An ongoing focus on self-development and strives to continuously learn and grow
Optimum Re Insurance Company
We aim to build successful partnerships and are committed to supporting the development of life insurance companies of all sizes in the United States. We offer our clients competitively priced reinsurance solutions, additional capacity when needed most, expert underwriting services, insightful research and development, state-of-the-art individual cession administration and skilled claims adjudication know-how. We are a leader in critical illness insurance and other niche markets, thanks to our extensive and recognized knowledge in risk management and claims assessment.
Our customized solutions tailored to the needs of our clients have allowed us to grow in a rapid yet controlled manner. We continue to expand our market presence organically and through select acquisitions.
Since 1987, we serve our clients throughout the United States from our office in Dallas, Texas. Our financial strength rating is “A” (Excellent) with a stable outlook.
1345 River Bend Drive, Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75247
Tel.:+1 214 528-2020