The Staff Accountant will be responsible for entering and posting journal entries, reconciling trial balance accounts and bank statements, preparing financials reports and handling various audits and analysis that may arise, and serve as backup for the Accounting team.
- Prepare the full period-end cycle for two small companies:
- Prepare and process Journal Entries
- Reconciliation of trial balance accounts
- Reconciliations of bank accounts.
- Reconciliations of investment accounts
- Prepare internal financial statements
- Prepare various analysis’
- Backup for daily cash management report and daily cash forecast report
- Backup for Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable functions
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures, complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements
- Processing quarterly and annual Blue Books, as assigned
- Prepare tax returns for the smaller companies
- Provide audit documentation required by the auditors for the two small companies.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
- Provide administrative assistance to Accounting Manager and VP/AVP Corporate Accounting
Education and Work Experience
Accounting degree or minimum 2 years’ experience in general accounting
Qualities and Aptitudes
- LOMA Designations ARA and AIRC preferred
- Experience in A/P and A/R preferred
- Familiarization with general accounting concepts, practices, and procedures
Optimum Re Insurance Company
We aim to build successful partnerships and are committed to supporting the development of life insurance companies of all sizes in the United States. We offer our clients competitively priced reinsurance solutions, additional capacity when needed most, expert underwriting services, insightful research and development, state-of-the-art individual cession administration and skilled claims adjudication know-how. We are a leader in critical illness insurance and other niche markets, thanks to our extensive and recognized knowledge in risk management and claims assessment.
Our customized solutions tailored to the needs of our clients have allowed us to grow in a rapid yet controlled manner. We continue to expand our market presence organically and through select acquisitions.
Since 1987, we serve our clients throughout the United States from our office in Dallas, Texas. Our financial strength rating is “A” (Excellent) with a stable outlook.
1345 River Bend Drive, Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75247
Tel.:+1 214 528-2020