Ensure the administrative support for the claim department as well as all administrative tasks relating to the workflow management of the claim department.
- Set up claim files and prepare them for adjudication by the analysts
- Provide clerical support such as letter writing, copying, scanning, and mailing as needed
- Organize incoming documents in a paperless environment
- Prepare documents to send to business partners
- Process payments and denials that have been adjudicated by the analysts
- Mail claim payments to clients
- Monitor current inventory of pending claims and correspond with clients as needed
- Process semi-monthly, monthly, and quarterly retrocession billing
- Other duties as requested by management
- Provide back-up assistance for claims intake from email and USPS
- Provide back-up assistance for retrocession cash posting
Education and Work Experience
- Some college
- Basic skills using Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Good communication skills
Qualities and Aptitudes
- Ability to work within a team environment in a non-supervisory capacity supporting analysts in achieving their service objectives
- Ability to exercise high attention to detail to minimize data entry and filing errors
- Ability to work independently
Optimum Re Insurance Company
We aim to build successful partnerships and are committed to supporting the development of life insurance companies of all sizes in the United States. We offer our clients competitively priced reinsurance solutions, additional capacity when needed most, expert underwriting services, insightful research and development, state-of-the-art individual cession administration and skilled claims adjudication know-how. We are a leader in critical illness insurance and other niche markets, thanks to our extensive and recognized knowledge in risk management and claims assessment.
Our customized solutions tailored to the needs of our clients have allowed us to grow in a rapid yet controlled manner. We continue to expand our market presence organically and through select acquisitions.
Since 1987, we serve our clients throughout the United States from our office in Dallas, Texas. Our financial strength rating is “A” (Excellent) with a stable outlook.
1345 River Bend Drive, Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75247
Tel.:+1 214 528-2020